I asked Ali a couple weeks ago to help give me an idea for a "Top Ten Tuesday" list on a day when I was feeling a little out of ideas.
Her instant response: "Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Ali"
I told her to keep trying, but then I decided that since her birthday this year was to fall on a Tuesday, I would actually make that a Top Ten Tuesday.
So, today, my dearest Ali turns 21. Therefore, here is
TOP TEN REASONS WHY I LOVE ALI:
1. Her generosity. I've never met somebody who goes out of their way quite like Ali to do anything they can to help people in their times of need. When it comes to me, it's like Ali has a sensor to know when all is not well. (She herself even refers to it as her "Kristy senses") Because of that, she is always generous enough to surprise me with coffee, take away her precious hours of the day to talk things out with me, and send endless amounts of texts with cute baby animal photos or leave encouraging notes.
2. Her sense of positivity. Recently, despite bad situations, Ali has a wonderful way of looking past all the bad in all of our lives to keep our spirits high. Even when she is down about her own life, she keeps her head high and reminds us all that we can't sit and wallow in our doubt and sadness because life is too short to waste that kind of time.
3. Her persistance. Ali's a go-getter. She has big dreams, and while some might look at them and question her ability to achieve all of those goals, I don't. She is one of the most persistent people I know, and is always working hard to achieve what she wants, and I know she'll accomplish big things.
4. Her spontaneity. My favorite thing about Ali is how easy it is to convince her into doing an activity with me. Her love of spontaneous adventures with me and spontaneous last second decisions has made for some of our best memories together. Whether it's a spontaneous road trip to somewhere a couple hours away, spontaneously dyeing crazy colors into our hair, or a spontaneously building a fort in the living room, it's never hard to convince Ali to do something adventurous on the spot.
5. Her honesty. Although sometimes it hurts, Ali does look out of the best interests of all her friends, and she is not afraid to let you know her true honest feelings. Though we've differed often on opinions, and certain things have hurt to hear, I have always been ridiculous appreciative of Ali's honesty as a means of advice.
6. Her heart. Even when her heart isn't 100%, this girl still gives you 150% of it. Hand-in-hand with generosity, Ali's heart is consumed with helping others, and she always puts in way more than could ever been given back, simply just because she strives to make those around her feel good.
7. Her talent. If you haven't already seen any of Ali's art, I'll need you to immediately follow the link to her online portfolio. She's one of the most talented people I know, and it's extremely admirable to watch her process and thought behind her work. Though our styles are very different, I respect her method so much.
8. Her humor. It's very rare that I'm not laughing when I'm hanging out with Ali. I'm pretty sure that a solid 230398743289 years have been added onto my life simply because I've spent the past three years living with somebody who keeps me laughing (and laughs at all my jokes) and is always down to have a good laugh.
9. Her beauty. I'm about to be so cliche and tell you that Ali is one of those people that is beautiful on the inside and the outside; she's by far one of the most gorgeous people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting, and BONUS: she has one of the best personalities as well. She's a real catch, in case any of your eligible bachelors were wondering about this bachelorette. Ben Higgins, where u at?
10. Her impact. I can guarantee you right now that there is not a single person in life who has met Ali and not been impacted by her infectious personality. She is memorable and unforgettable, and she's going to change the world: just wait and see.
HAPPY 21ST BIRTHDAY, ALI JORDAN LAMOUREUX. I LOVE YOU LONG TIME. CANNOT WAIT FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES.
Click the pictures below to see some of my favorite most recent moments with Ali.
(trust me, I have plenty that don't display the beginnings of our friendship - these are all I have on my phone, and she's lucky these are our cutest ones.)